Locking externally-owned objects in the xMatters user interface
You can prevent users from modifying the properties of externally owned objects by locking them in the xMatters user interface. For example, you could lock the Name property of the Group object to prevent users from modifying the names of externally owned groups. Locking a property in the xMatters user interface only applies to externally owned objects.
To specify lock settings for externally owned data:
- Log in as a Company Administrator, and then click the Admin tab.
- On the Permissions menu, click External Data.
- Click the Object Types drop-down list, select an object, and then click Continue.
- xMatters displays the Locked Properties settings for the selected object.
- Select or clear the check box in the Locked column for each property.
- Click Save.