Duplicating an Event
Duplicating an event allows you to quickly copy an existing event, modify some of its properties, and resend it. This allows you to make minor adjustments to an event and resend it without manually adding recipients, setting property values, and specifying devices. Use this feature to send an update to an existing event or to troubleshoot delivery problems.
The duplicate event feature applies to events that are based on communication plan forms. Use the replay event feature for events that are based on messaging domains.
When duplicating (or replaying) an event, xMatters creates a new, separate event, and re-notifies recipients. Ensure that you do not accidentally duplicate a real emergency.
Duplicating an event based on a communication plan form can be performed from anywhere on the Event Details report.
To duplicate an event based on a communication plan form:
- Click the Reports tab, and then click the event that you want to duplicate.
- Click Options, and then click Duplicate Event.
- The communication plan form is displayed and its properties are set to the values of the current event.
- Adjust the values of the properties to reflect any changes that you want to make to the event.
- If the form contains a conference bridge, you can create a new conference bridge or connect to one that is in progress.
- Click Send Message.
Replaying an event can be performed from the Properties tab of the Event Details report.
To replay an Event:
- Click the Reports tab, and then click the event that you want to replay.
- On the Event Report Properties page, click the Replay Event link.
- xMatters displays the Replay Event page.
Replay Event page
- On the Replay Event page, in the New Value column, modify the values to match the properties you want to inject when replaying the event.
- Click Replay to create a new event using the specified values.
The Replay Event page displays a list of event properties you can modify before replaying the event, including the value for each property on the original event.
The properties available to modify depend on the details of the Event you are replaying. For example, if you are replaying an event based on a message sent from the default Quick Message panel, the Replay Event page would include the message details, a recipients list, the name of the messaging panel, the name of the sender, etc.
Properties that can contain multiple values, such as a recipients list, have a related property that includes the term "delimiter". These properties identify the symbol or punctuation mark (the default value is a comma) used to separate items in the list.