Languages are associated with sites, and countries have default languages. When configuring a user’s details, the languages available are based on the company to which the user belongs.
You can manage languages on the Languages page in the xMatters web user interface.
To view and manage languages:
- Click the Admin tab.
- On the Administration menu, click Languages.
- If there is more than one Company in the system, select the Company for which you want to manage the Languages, and then click Continue.
- xMatters displays a list of Languages for the Company:
- On the Languages page, do one of the following:
- To add Languages to the Company, select them in the Available Languages list and then click Add.
- To remove Languages from the Company, select them in the Selected Languages list and then click Remove.
- To save your selections, click Save.
During voice notifications, the default voice recording scripts prompt Users to select from a list of available languages. This list is not updated automatically when you adjust the list of languages available in a Company, but must be manually changed in the xMatters scripts. For more information about modifying scripts, see the xMatters Online Developer's Guide.