Configure forms for email initiation
When a communication plan form is configured for email initiation, you can initiate a corresponding event by sending an email to xMatters. The fields of the email message are mapped to text properties of the form and can be included in notifications.
To configure a form for email initiation:
- Click the Developer tab, and then click Manage Communication Plans.
- Locate the communication plan that contains the form you want to configure, and click Edit > Forms.
- Locate the form that you want to configure, and select the Enable Email Initiation check box to enable email initiation for the form.
- Clearing the check box will disable email initiation for this form.
- Click the Form menu, and then click Set Up Email Initiation.
- In the Set Up Email Initiation dialog box, map the fields of the email message to text properties of the form.
- Note that any required text properties on the form must be mapped to an email field.
- To change the form ID, click the editable section of the sample email address and type the new form ID.
- You may want to change the form ID to be more readable, or you may want to change it to something hard-to-guess for security reasons.
- Make note of the sample email address that is displayed on this form and share it with users who want to initiate the form by email.
- The sample email address shows how to initiate this form with yourself as a recipient. Replace your user ID with the user ID, group name, or dynamic team name of the recipient you want to target. For more information, see Initiate a form by email.
- Click Save Changes.