Save and manage events report searches
Once you have created a search query, you can save it, reuse it, and share it with others. The search menu allows you to view the five most recent searches, save a search, and reset the search criteria.
To create a search for an events report:
- On the Events page, click the search button (the magnifying glass) to display the search bar.
- Click the New Search drop-down list next to the search bar.
- The New Search drop-down list displays the name of the active search or "New Search" if there is no active search.
- Do any of the following:
- To save a new search, enter the search criteria in the search field, and then click Save. In the Create New Search dialog box, type the name of the search, and click Create Search.
- To load one of the five most recently viewed searches, click the search menu, and then click the name of the search in the Recent area.
- To modify an existing search, edit the search criteria, and click Save. You can modify searches that you own. If you want to modify a search owned by another user, you can save a new copy of the search.
- To save a new copy of an existing search, click Save As. In the Create New Search dialog box, type the name of the search and click Save Search.
- To clear the search area, click Clear.
- To open the Manage Searches window, where you can rename, share, and load searches that do not appear in the list, click Show All.
The Manage Searches window contains a complete list of functionality for modifying searches.
To view the manage searches window:
- Click the New Search drop-down list, and then click Show All.
- xMatters displays the Manage Searches window.
- To locate a specific search, type your search terms in the filter bar.
- To manage your saved searches, do one of the following:
- To load a search that you have saved, click Saved Searches, and then click the name of the search.
- To delete a search, select the check boxes next to the search names and click Delete Selected.
- To change the owner of a search, select the check boxes next to the searches and click Change Owner. In the Change Owner dialog box, start typing the name of the new owner. When their name appears, select it and then click Change Owner.
- To rename a search, click the Rename button in the search row. In the Rename dialog box, edit the name of the search and the description, and then click Rename.
- To share a search with another user, click the link in the Shared column. This link displays Not Shared if the search has not been shared, or Shared if the search is already shared with other users. In the Share Search dialog box, type the name of the user or role that you want to share the search with, and click Save Changes.
- To load a search that has been shared with you by another user, click Shared With Me and then click the name of the search.