Administrators can define custom fields to store additional information on each user’s details page. Custom fields can be mandatory or optional, and can also be used when searching for a user in the system.
You can also insert dividers into the list of custom fields to act as separators between groups of similar custom fields, and to act as labels for different groups.
Custom field names cannot be identical to the names of xMatters objects such as device types and groups.
You can manage custom fields on the Custom Fields page in the xMatters web user interface.
To view and manage custom fields:
- Click the Admin tab.
- On the Company menu, click Custom Fields.
- If there is more than one company in the system, select the company in which you want to manage the custom fields, and then click Continue.
- xMatters displays a list of the custom fields for the company.
- In the Custom Fields list, do any of the following:
- To modify an existing item, click its name to view its details. For more information about editing items in the Custom Fields table, see Define custom field details.
- To remove an item from the list, select the check box next to the custom fields or dividers you want to remove, and then click Remove Selected.
- To create a new custom field, click the Add Field link, and specify the details for the new custom field, as explained in Define custom field details. Click Save to create the custom field.
- To add a new divider between custom fields, click the Add Divider link. On the Add Divider page, specify the Divider Name, and then click Save to create the divider.
- To reorder items in the list, click and drag the parallel bars icon (to the left of the item name) for the item you want to move to its new position. You can also use the Move to Top, Move Up, Move Down, and Move to Bottom buttons in the Order column. When you are satisfied with the position of the items in the list, click Save Order.