Locate the identifier for a property
Some REST methods use Universally Unique Identifiers (UUIDs) to identify components such as forms and properties. Using these identifiers is an easy and reliable method of identifying exactly the form or element you want. You can access these identifiers in the web user interface while you are creating your forms, or by logging in and navigating to the element you want to identify.
You can access the identifier for a property on the property's details page:
Click the API cloud icon to retrieve the identifier for a property
To locate the identifier for a property:
- Log in to xMatters, and then click the Developer tab.
- Locate the communication plan containing the property you want to identify, and click Edit > Properties.
- Locate the property, and click Edit Property.
- Click the API icon above and to the right of the property name.
- xMatters displays the Property Identifier dialog box.