The Integration Directory provides integrations between xMatters and third party applications that are available to install in your xMatters deployment. There are two kinds of integrations listed in the directory:
- Built-in integrations can be installed in xMatters via the Integrations Directory, and have a streamlined configuration process.
- Packaged integrations are available for download, along with detailed configuration and set up instructions, from the xMatters Support site.
The tabs on the Integration Directory screen allow you to view all available integrations, and any integrations that are already configured in your company.
The following sections describe how to access and use the Integration Directory. For detailed instructions on how to configure any of the available built-in integrations, see help.xmatters.com/integrations.
- In xMatters, click the Developer tab.
- On the left menu, under Communication Plan Builder, click Integrations.
- xMatters displays a list of available integrations
- Move the pointer over a tile to view a description of that integration.
You can also access the Integration Directory from the Integrations widget in the Communication Center.
The Integration Directory's search functionality finds available integrations by matching search terms with an integration's name, type (e.g., Monitoring, IT Service Management), and description (the text that is visible when you move the pointer over an icon in the directory).
To search for an integration:
- In the Integration Directory, click the Available tab.
- Start typing in the search bar (a minimum of two characters is required).
- Every time you modify the contents of the search bar, the results in the directory will update to include the items that correspond to the search criteria.
Search criteria persist in the search bar when you navigate between tabs in the directory.
Integrations connect xMatters and third-party applications to share data and functionality. Whenever you integrate xMatters with another application, you create a configuration: a customized built-in integration that specifies the components of the integration, such as different users, monitors, or data. Each integration can have multiple configurations; for example, if you have multiple Pingdom monitors, you would have one Pingdom integration with a separate configuration for each monitor.
To add a new configuration:
- In the Integration Directory, click the tile for an integration.
- xMatters displays the configuration screen for the built-in integration.
For packaged integrations, xMatters redirects you to the appropriate xMatters Support page with installation and configuration instructions for that integration. Packaged integrations installed in your xMatters instance are not included in the list of configured integrations.
To add additional configurations for a built-in integration:
- In the Integration Directory, click the Configuration tab, and then click the Configurations button for an integration.
- On the configurations page for that integration, click Create Configuration.
- xMatters displays the configuration screen for the built-in integration.
For help setting up your configuration, click the link to the Integrations Online Help at the bottom of the configuration screen to view a setup guide specific to each integration. For example, the Datadog configuration screen looks like this:
To view your configured integrations:
- In the Integration Directory, click the Configured tab.
- Under Configured Integrations, xMatters displays a list of applications that have been configured in your company.
- Click the Configurations button for an integration to view a list of the configurations of that specific integration.
- To refine the list of configurations, click Configurations I Own to show only the integrations you own, or click All Configurations to show all the configurations of that integration that you have permission to view.
- If you have appropriate permissions, the owner of each configuration and the date it was created will also be displayed.
To edit a configuration:
- In the Integration Directory, on the Configuration tab, click the Configurations button for the integration you want to modify.
- Click the Edit button to open the configuration screen for the configuration you want to edit.
- Once you've finished editing the configuration, click Save Changes to return to the list of configurations.
- Click the Integration link at the top of the page to return to the main integrations screen.
To delete a configuration:
- In the Integration Directory, on the Configuration tab, click the Configurations button for an integration.
- Click Edit to open the configuration screen for the configuration you want to delete.
- Click Delete, and then click Delete again to confirm you want to delete the integration.
Initially, only the user who created a configuration can access it in the Integration Directory. However, configuration access permission can be granted on a per-configuration basis to individual users, groups, or to all users with certain roles (e.g., Developers, Full Access Users).
To assign access permissions for a configuration:
- In the Integration Directory, on the Configuration tab, click the Configurations button for an integration to view a list of configurations.
Click the Access Permissions button for the configuration you want to assign access permissions to.
- Start typing the name of a user, group, or role in the search field and then click a name when it appears in the drop-down results list.
- Repeat this step until you have added all of the users, groups, and roles that should have permission to access this configuration.
- If you want to remove a user, group, or role, click its red X icon.
- Click Accessible by All to grant configuration access permissions to all users, groups, and roles.
- Click Save Changes.
Custom integrations include any communication plans that contain inbound integrations, outbound integrations, or forms enabled for web services or email initiation.
- In the Integrations Directory, click the Configured tab.
- Under Custom Integrations, xMatters displays a list of custom integrations that have been configured in your company.
- Click Edit to open the communication plan for your custom integration.
The Integration Directory includes an Activity Stream for each configuration that allows you to monitor requests in the system, and view the details and history of completed events.
When you create a new configuration, xMatters temporarily logs the first 25 outbound or inbound requests for the configuration, after which it disables logging except for failed requests to allow for troubleshooting.
- In the Integration Directory, on the Configured tab, click the Configurations button for an integration to view a list of configurations.
- Click the Activity Stream button for the configuration that you want to monitor.
- You can also access the Activity Stream from the settings menu for a configuration. The settings menu is available at the top right corner of the configuration page for your integration, after you save the configuration.
For more information about interpreting the request log in the Activity Stream, see Interpreting a request log.
To enable logging for a configuration, do one of the following:
- From the Settings menu for a configuration, select Logging. The settings menu is available at the top right corner of the configuration page for the integration, once it has been saved.
- On the Activity Stream for a configuration, use the toggle at the top right corner of the screen to turn logging on.
xMatters displays a notification message indicating that logging is now enabled for the integration, and that the next 25 requests will be logged.
If new logs arrive while you are viewing a request's details, click the Refresh button to refresh the list of requests.