The Log report provides detailed event audit information in a format that minimizes the report's impact on system resources. xMatters administrators can use the report to optimize their deployments for event processing and reporting.
Event history in the report is also searchable to assist with event troubleshooting, and includes a page navigation tool that helps you navigate through large reports. You can also use the Export button to save report data to an Excel (.xls) file.
See the following instructions for more information on using the Log report:
- From the Recent Events report, click the name of the event you want to examine.
- xMatters displays the Tracking report for that event.
- Click the Log tab to open the Event Log Report (shown above).
- If required, click the Time column title to reorder the report results.
- You can use the Recipients field to search event history for specific users, groups, teams, dynamic teams, and devices (start typing your search term in the field and click the term you want to use for the search).
- You can narrow your search by clicking the drop-down list and selecting a specific type of recipient.
- You can use the up and down arrows beside the search field to select the next or previous instance of the recipient in the Event Log.
- To view the parent of a selected recipient, click the icon beside the recipient's name in the Audit Message column. (For more information about this feature, see Viewing recipient parents.)
- To start a new search or remove the existing search highlights, clear the contents of the field.
- To see more details, scroll down the page; the report will automatically load more content as you scroll down.
- If an entry is too long for the screen, it is truncated and marked with an ellipsis (...). Hover over it to view the entire entry.
- If you want to copy information from a longer entry to a text file (to retrieve a specific unique identifier or error message, for example), triple-click it to select the entire entry.
- To duplicate the event, click the Options drop-down and select Duplicate Event. (For more information about this feature, see Duplicating an Event.)
When you search for a recipient in the Log report, the recipient is automatically selected in the report. If the recipient was resolved from another recipient, you can click the icon beside the recipient's name in the Audit Message row to view the recipient's parent.
xMatters automatically changes the search terms in the Recipients field and performs a search of the Event Log Report for the parent recipient.
Examples of recipient and parents:
- Clicking the icon in a row that contains a user's device will automatically search for that user.
- Clicking the icon in a row that contains a team member will search for that team.
- Clicking the icon in a row that contains a group member will search for that group.