Filter the Recent Events report
The Recent Events report displays a list of events that match the search criteria. You can use search options to refine this list and display only the events that match your criteria, such as events that targeted specific users or events that occurred during a particular time frame.
Once you have developed a search filter that you like, you can save it and share it with others. For more information about saving and managing Recent Events report searches, see Save and manage Recent Events report searches.
You can export information about the displayed events to an Excel spreadsheet. If you filtered the Recent Events report based on specific properties, the properties and their values are also exported in the spreadsheet file. For more information about exporting events, see Export events.
The Recent Events report displays events initiated during a specific time frame. This does not include events that were initiated outside of the time frame, but are active during the specified time frame. For example, if you choose to display events for the Past 15 minutes, the events report does not display an active event that was initiated 45 minutes ago.
To search events by date:
- Click the Search button.
- Enter your search criteria:
- To search for recently initiated events, click All Dates and select the corresponding time frame (Past 15 minutes, Past 1 hour, Past 6 hours, or Past 12 hours).
- To search for events that occurred during a specific time frame, click All Dates, then select Date Range. Use the calendar pickers to select the start date and time, and the end date and time.
The Recent Events report dynamically updates as you manipulate the calendar pickers.
To search for events delivered to specific recipients, or to search for events with specific event properties, use the Search bar. As you type (a minimum of two letters), xMatters displays a drop-down list of matching properties. You can select items from the list to use as search criteria. xMatters then adds a capsule to the search bar that represents this search criteria.
As you add search criteria, the Recent Events report automatically updates the results to display only the events that match your criteria. The report also adds any matching properties to the Properties column, and highlights the part of each event that matches your search results.
To further refine your search, do any of the following:
- Click the search bar and start typing to select another option from the drop-down list and create another capsule.
- Click the right half of a capsule to edit the search criteria. Note that you can only have one capsule for each of the available items in the drop-down list, but you can have multiple capsules that search for the same term in different item properties.
- Click the left half of a capsule and then press Delete to remove a criteria.
System events include events that are initiated by xMatters, such as device validations, SMS confirmations and deactivations, error responses, temporary absence notifications, and voice recording calls.
To include system events in the Recent Events report:
- Click Options.
- Select Include System Events.
Completed events are no longer active in xMatters. They may have run for their specified duration or may have been manually terminated.
To include completed events in the Recent Events report:
- Click Options.
- Select Include Completed Events.
You can view events that were archived. When you view archived events the other events are excluded from the results. In other words, active events are not displayed.
To view only archived events:
- Click Options.
- Select Select from Archive.
- The Recent Events report displays only archived events.
You can combine various search filters. You cannot use more than one instance of a search criteria but you can use combinations of different search criteria.
For example, you can search for all events sent to the Operations group within a certain date range, but you cannot search for events that were sent to the Operations group and Mary McBride.