This report allows users to track event delivery and response progress in an intuitive, real-time format. To access the Tracking report, click any event in the Recent Events report. (The Tracking report is also displayed automatically immediately after you send a message via the web user interface or the xMatters mobile app.)
The following sections describe the different areas of the Tracking report.
The timeline at the top of the report shows how long the report has been running and the total duration that the event is scheduled to run. These times and dates are displayed from the perspective of the logged in user.
The User Delivery area includes the following information about the event's progress:
Number of users targeted on at least one of their devices.
Number of users targeted on at least one of their devices, for which a "Provider Delivered" response has not yet been received.
After an event has concluded, any remaining pending notifications are reclassified as "Not Notified".
Number of users targeted on at least one of their devices, for which a "Provider Delivered" response has been received.
Number of users who have responded to a notification on any of their devices, or via the web user interface (only the user's last response counts towards this number).
Note: This status box does not appear when no responses have been defined for the event.
Number of users for whom all notification attempts have failed on all devices.
Each user is represented by a single status (in other words, a user cannot have the status "Delivered" and "Responded" at the same time). If a user with multiple devices has failed to receive notifications on all their devices except one, which is still pending, then the user is represented by the Pending status. If the user has failed to receive notification on all of their devices, but has responded via the web user interface, then the user is represented under the Responded status.
If there are no valid recipients to notify, all User Delivery area status boxes display "0".
You can access additional event details by clicking a status box to access the Tracking Report Drill Through results, as described in Tracking drill-through report .
When a notification is delivered to push device, the mobile application displays an alert that a new message has been received. If a push notification fails, this alert is not displayed. However, the mobile application may still be able to connect to xMatters and view the notification on the server.
If response counts were specified for the message on which the event is based, the Response Counts section indicates the status of any received responses. The checkered line on each bar represents the number of responses required for that response group. Green responses (which increment from the left side of the response bar) indicate responses with the Add To Response Count action, while red responses (which increment from the right side of the response bar) indicate responses with the Do Not Add To Response Count action.
Response count totals on the Tracking report
You can filter the tracking report to display information based on whether users were targeted directly by a notification or if they were notified because one or more of their subscriptions matched the submitted event.
To filter the tracking report, click the Notification Stream drop-down list, and then select or clear one or more of the following options:
- Targeted By Form: includes users that were notified because they were specified (either directly or indirectly) when a communication plan message was sent. They may have been explicitly added to the form as a recipient, they may belong to a group targeted by the form, or they may have been added from a scenario or at the time the message was sent.
- Subscribed: <Subscription Domain>: includes the users that were notified because they were subscribed to the notification through the specified subscription domain. Each subscription domain is represented on its own line.
The Notification Stream drop-down list appears only if notifications were delivered to multiple streams. If the notifications were delivered to a single stream (such as when notifications are sent directly to recipients but there are no subscriptions that match the event) then the Notification Stream drop-down list is not displayed.
The options menu allows you terminate, suspend, resume, or duplicate an event.
- For more information about duplicating events, see Duplicating an Event
The comments section displays comments that have been made about the event. Message recipients can comment on an event from the mobile apps or by responding to email notifications. You can also add comments directly from the tracking report.
- To add a comment to the event directly from the tracking report, type your comment in the text box at the bottom of the comments area and click Add Comment.
- To add a comment to the event from a mobile app, choose Respond with comment when you respond to a message.
- To add a comment by responding to an email notification, click one of the response links included in the message body. The Response Sent dialog window will open in a new browser window after you select a response. To include a comment with your response, type a comment and then click Add Comment.
Comments on Tracking report
The Responses area displays a horizontal bar graph with a running total for each response that has been received. If a user changes their response, the Responses area automatically updates to show the new response totals. This section is not displayed if the notification does not include responses.
Responses on Tracking report