Custom attributes are additional details that can be associated with Users in the system, and used to organize or search for Users. xMatters groups custom attributes into custom attribute categories for easier management.
For example, you can create a custom attribute category called “Medical Training”, with available custom attribute choices of “CPR”, “Basic First Aid”, and “Advanced First Aid”. You can then assign the custom attributes to appropriately-trained personnel through each user’s Custom Attributes page.
- From the Admin menu, under Company, click Custom Attributes.
- If there is more than one company in the system, select the company in which you want to manage the custom attributes, and then click Continue.
- xMatters displays a list of custom attribute categories.
- In the Custom Attributes Category list, do any of the following:
- To modify an existing custom attribute category, click a name in the list to view its details. For more information about editing custom attribute details, see Define custom attributes and categories.
- To remove a custom attribute category from the list, select the check box next to the custom attribute categories you want to remove, and then click Remove Selected.
- To create a new custom attribute category, click the Add New link, and specify the details for the new category. Click Save to create the category.
- On the Custom Attribute Categories page, click the name of the category you want to modify, or click the Add New link to create a new category.
- xMatters displays the Custom Attributes Details page.
- On the Custom Attributes Details page, type a name for the category in the Category Name field.
- Do one of the following:
- To add a custom attribute, type a name into the New Attribute field, and then click Add Attribute. Repeat until all required attributes have been added to the category.
- To remove custom attributes, select the attributes you want to remove in the Attributes list, and then click Remove Selected Attribute(s).
- Click Save.