Your Home page
When you sign in to xMatters, your browser displays a personalized Home page. The Home page contains links to commonly-accessed xMatters features, enabling you to quickly navigate to the features that are important to you. The content you can see on the Home page depends on the permissions that are assigned to your xMatters user account.
The upper-right corner of the page contains a help button and a menu that allows you to access your user profile, invite other people to join xMatters, or log out. The main content of the page either contains a customized dashboard (if you've licensed the Communication Center) or a set of quick access buttons that provide shortcuts to commonly-used features.
You can return to the Home page at any time by clicking the Home tab or the xMatters logo.
Every page contains links to your profile and settings. From your profile you can view your schedule and subscriptions, configure devices, see which groups you belong to, and change your account details and passwords. Your profile also contains information such as who your supervisors are, which users you supervise, and which roles and permissions you have in xMatters.
Your user profile displays pages for features that you have permission to view. Depending on your roles and settings, you may not have permission to view all of the available profile pages.
To view your profile:
- Click your user name at the top-right corner of the page.
- Select a menu item from the drop-down menu to navigate to the corresponding page of your profile. Shortcuts to the Schedule, Subscriptions, Devices, and Profile pages are displayed according to which features you have permission to access.
- You can access other features of your user profile, such as roles, supervisors, supervised users and personal settings by clicking the corresponding tabs of your user profile.
To view context-sensitive help, click the Help button.
xMatters opens the online help at https://help.xmatters.com and takes you directly to the help for the features on the current page. From here you can view the help for other topics by navigating the site or using the search feature available at the top of every page.
To log out of xMatters, click your user name and then click the Log Out menu item.
If you have licensed the Communication Center feature, the home page displays a dashboard that gives you a customized overview of the system and provides quick links to the features you use most. For more information about the Communication Center, see Communication Center dashboards.
If the Communication Center feature is not enabled, the main body of the Home page contains quick-access buttons that let you navigate directly to the most popular parts of the xMatters interface.
The buttons in this list are displayed if you have permission to use the corresponding feature.
- Send Messages: Opens the Messaging tab where you can send communication plan messages. For more information, see Send a communication plan message.
- View Reports: Opens the Reporting tab where you can view activity reports and administrative reports. The View Reports button displays the number of active events, allowing you to quickly see if there are any events that require your attention. The number of active events is updated automatically as new events occur. For more information about the events report, see Recent Events Report.
- Inbox: Opens the Inbox tab, where you can view alerts. The Inbox button displays a the number of active alerts, allowing you to quickly see if you have any incoming messages. The number of active alerts is updated automatically as new alerts are received. For more information, see View and respond to alerts in the xMatters user interface.
- Manage Devices: Opens the Messaging tab, where you can add, delete, and manage your personal devices, including email addresses, phones and SMS phones. The Manage Devices button displays the number of active devices that are currently configured. For more information, see Manage your devices.
- Manage Groups: Opens the Groups tab, where you can manage groups. For more information, see Manage groups.
- Manage Users: Opens the Users tab, where you can manage users and web service users. For more information, see Manage users.
- Manage Communication Plans: Opens the Developer tab, where you can create and edit communication plans, manage phone recordings, and customize pages. For more information, see Create communication plans.
- Tutorials and Videos: Opens a page that contains links to tutorials, videos, and product documentation.