Create message content for text (SMS), pager, and generic notifications
The Text Message / Pager / Generic dialog box allows you to create content for text (SMS), pager, and generic device notifications that are used for the associated form.
While Mozilla Firefox is a supported browser, the text (SMS) / pager / generic message editor is only supported in Internet Explorer 11 and Google Chrome.
Text, pager, and generic device message editor
- On the Forms tab, click Edit >Messages.
- Click the Edit button in the Text Message / Pager / Generic area to open the message editor.
- Click English to define the English message content, or click the name of another language to define the message content for that language.
- Add content to the message body.
- Since the message will probably be read on a mobile device with a small screen, eliminate unnecessary words to make the message as concise as possible.
- Click Save Changes.
- To preview your message, click View Form, and then click Preview Message. You may also want to test your message by sending a notification to yourself.
If your system has more than one language defined, remember to specify the message content for each language. For more information about the logic xMatters uses to present language to a user, see Multi-language capabilities.
The message editors give you the ability to add properties to the message by dragging them to the desired insertion point in the message. The property value inserted into the message content will be based on what the message sender specifies when sending the message. You can add form, person, and sender properties to a message.
For example, assume that you have added a number property named Data Center Number into your message so that in the editor your message reads: "Power failure at Data Center Data Center Number". If the message sender specifies a Data Center Number value of 4, the message sent to recipients would read: "Power failure at Data Center 4".
Only properties that have been added to the form in the layout tool will be available in the Form Properties panel. To use person properties, you must have been granted the permission ability.act.actREBMessagePersonProperties by an administrator.