Record a new voice interaction phrase
You can record a new phrase with the voice interaction editor using your computer's microphone or an active voice device such as your mobile phone. Once you have recorded a phrase, it becomes available to other users and forms within your company. (For more information about configuring devices, see Manage your devices.)
To use your computer's microphone to record a voice interaction phrase, you must use a supported web browser and give it permission to access your computer's microphone. Recommended web browsers for voice phrase recording include Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Microsoft Internet Explorer 11. The process for granting access to the computer's microphone is different for each browser and may change from version to version. Consult the help for your browser to learn how to grant microphone access to web applications.
To use this feature with Internet Explorer 11, you must have installed Adobe Flash on your system. Download it at http://adobe.com.
- Ensure that the computer's microphone is working and that you are using a supported browser.
- If you have not already given xMatters permission to access the microphone, your browser may prompt you to allow microphone access. If you have previously denied microphone access to xMatters, you may need to reset this setting in your web browser.
- The following images show examples of microphone prompts; your browser may be different.
Firefox microphone prompt
Chrome microphone prompt
Internet Explorer microphone prompt
- Click the Add Recording button (the microphone icon) next to the speech item you want to record.
- The microphone recording dialog appears.
If the browser does not have permission to access the microphone, this dialog is not displayed and you are prompted to select a voice device.
- Click the microphone to begin recording, and then speak your message into the microphone.
- The countdown timer displays how much time is remaining for your message. If you need more time, record another message.
- To stop the recording, click the stop button (the red square).
- To review your message, press the play button (the green triangle).
- If you like your recording, click Keep. Otherwise, click Discard and re-record your message.
- To verify that your recording has been saved, ensure that the icon to the left of the phrase has changed from the TTS icon to the play icon.