Create communication plans
The Communication Plans page allows you to create and manage communication plans, including enabling and deleting plans, setting access permissions, creating flows in Flow Designer, designing forms and messages, and setting up properties, responses, and scenarios.
- Click Create Plan.
- In the Create a New Communication Plan dialog box, specify a Name and optional Description.
- Click Create Plan.
You can edit a plan name or description by clicking the existing text for these items.
Initially, only the user who creates or imports a communication plan has access to the plan. Communication plan access permissions can be granted on a per-plan basis to individual users, to all users with certain roles (e.g. Developers, Full Access Users), or to specific groups.
Users that do not have permission to access a communication plan will still be able to see it on the Communication Plans page, but they will not be able to enable or disable the plan, modify it, access the plan's Edit menu, or delete the plan.
To configure communication plan permissions:
- On the Communication Plans page, click the Edit drop-down menu for the communication plan you want to work with, and select Access Permissions.
- Start typing the name of a user, role, or group in the search field and then click it when it appears in the drop-down list results.
- Repeat this step until you have added all of the users, roles, or groups that should have access to the plan.
- If you want to remove a user, role, or group, click its X icon.
- To allow access to all users with permission to access communication plans, select the Accessible by All check box.
- Click Save Changes.
By default, communication plans created before the 5.5.138 release of xMatters are Accessible by All, but can be modified to grant access permissions to only certain users, roles, or groups.
To enable a communication plan, click the Plan Disabled check box so that its text changes to Plan Enabled.
To disable a communication plan, deselect the Plan Enabled check box so its text change to Plan Disabled.
By default, new communication plans are not enabled, and will not appear on the Messaging menu until the plan and at least one of its forms is enabled.
To edit flows in your communication plan. click Edit and select Flow Designer.
Flow Designer lets you build orchestrated toolchains using a visual, drag-and-drop workflow builder. For more information, see Flow Designer.
The order of communication plans on this page is the same order they will be listed on the Messaging tab.
To change the order of the listed communication plans, grab the handle icon next to the name of a plan and drag it into a new position in the list.
To remove a communication plan, click the X icon next to the communication plan.