Override sender information
When added to the form layout, the Sender Overrides section allows you to specify the following values for notifications:
- Caller ID: allows you to override the caller ID displayed for voice notifications. Use of this functionality must follow the Truth in Caller ID Act of 2009. Caller ID overrides are only supported for use with the Voxeo service provider. It is not compatible with SIP or the conference bridge feature.
- Display Name: allows you to customize the name associated with a notification or event. The display name is shown as the sender of notifications in the xMatters inbox, the mobile apps, and for email notifications. The display name is also displayed in the Events report, Events widget and Properties report in the xMatters web user interface, and in the Events report in the xMatters mobile apps.
By setting the sender information to meaningful values, you can help recipients identify that the notification has been sent from xMatters, and also help prevent messages from being marked as spam or junk mail.
Default values for the Caller ID and Display Name fields can be set for each company. If defined, these values are displayed in gray text. If you do not specify values for these fields, then the default values are used for notifications.
Click the field associated with the value you want to define, type in a value, and click Save Changes.
As a form designer, you can control whether the form:
- Displays the Sender Overrides section to the message sender.
- Displays a specific Sender Overrides value to the message sender.
- Displays the Sender Overrides section in an expanded or a collapsed view.
You can choose whether the Sender Overrides section is displayed to the message sender. In effect, hiding or displaying the section controls whether the message sender can edit its values. Your organization may have very clear policies about who can define these values, and in such cases you may choose to hide the Sender Overrides section to prevent changes to the values you define as a form designer. In other situations, you may want to display one section element while hiding another.
On the form's Layout tab, click the Show/Hide Recipient Section icon (the eye icon).
Light gray indicates that the section will be hidden, and darker gray indicates that it will be displayed.
On the form's Layout tab, click the Visible/Hidden icon (the eye icon) associated with the relevant Sender Overrides section element.
Specify the default section view
You can control whether the Sender Overrides section appears by default in an expanded or collapsed state, based on whether your priority is maximum visibility or saving space on the form. For example, if it's likely that the message sender will be modifying sender override values, you may want to have the section appear by default in expanded mode. If other aspects of the form are likely to be the message sender's focus, specifying a collapsed view as the default might be more appropriate.
On the form's Layout tab, click the Section Expanded/Section Collapsed icon (this icon toggles between the two default views).