BlazeMeter API Monitoring
The built-in BlazeMeter API Monitoring trigger, formerly known as Runscope, initiates flows when it receives a request from a webhook in BlazeMeter.
- Go to the Triggers tab in the palette, expand the App Triggers section and drag the trigger onto the canvas.
- Double-click the trigger (or click the pencil icon).
- Set the authenticating user, and then copy the URL — you'll use this to set up the webhook in BlazeMeter. Alternatively, you can create an integration user and use it as the authenticating user.
- Click the Flood Control tab to edit the trigger's default flood control settings. For more information about these settings, see Trigger Flood Control.
- Connect the steps you want to run when xMatters receives a request to that URL.
You're now ready to configure BlazeMeter to target the trigger.
Configure BlazeMeter to send requests to the trigger URL
To have BlazeMeter send alerts to the flow trigger, you need to configure a webhook and set it to use the trigger URL.
- In BlazeMeter, navigate to API Monitoring, then Connected Services:
- Go to Customized Webhook Notifications and click Connect.
- Add a Description.
- In the URL field, add the xMatters trigger URL.
- If you're using basic authentication, click Add Basic Authentication and add your authentication information.
- Add the target names of any recipients you want xMatters to notify when the monitor creates an alert.
- For example, if you want to notify Emma Pearson, Mary McBride, and the on-call members in the Monitor Team responsible for the service, you'd add ?recipients=epearson,mmcbride,monitor%20team to the URL. You must URL-encode any special characters or spaces in the target names.
- Click Save Changes.
- Navigate to the new webhook and click Test Settings.
- Select Integrations.
You're ready to use the webhook to trigger automated flows, including steps such as sending alerts and initiating incidents, though we always recommend testing before putting things into use.
The trigger has the following outputs you can use as inputs to steps further along the flow.
|List of targeted recipients.|
|Signal Mode||Determines the flow path to follow, based on the value of the Current State parameter.|
|Bucket Name||Name of the bucket the test belongs to.|
|Environment Name||Name of the environment used by this test run.|
|Finished At||Timestamp for the completion of the test run in UNIX format.|
|Region Name||The location and full region name where the test was run, or null if an agent was used.|
|Result||Result of the test run as provided by BlazeMeter.|
|Requests||List of the HTTP requests executed in this test run with the detailed information of each request.|
|Test ID||Unique ID of the test as provided by BlazeMeter.|
|Test Name||Name of the test as provided by BlazeMeter.|
|Test Run ID||Unique ID of this specific test run.|
|Team Name||Name of the team that owns the test bucket.|
|Test Run URL||URL for the test result detail page on the BlazeMeter dashboard.|
|Test URL||URL for the test on the BlazeMeter dashboard.|
|Raw Request||JSON representation of the request that can be parsed separately to get additional context on outputs.|