Subscribe to integration alerts
You can create a subscription to get notified if there's a problem processing your integration. This can happen if there's a syntax error in your script or your integration received unexpected inputs.
xMatters includes internal workflows with built-in subscription forms that are available for integrations running in the Integration Builder or on an xMatters Agent. When you create a subscription, you can select the specific workflow and integration that you'll be notified about and select the device types you'd like to receive notifications on.
If these subscription forms have not been enabled on your system, contact xMatters Customer Support.
To subscribe to integration alerts:
- On the Subscriptions page, click Add Subscription, and then click the name of the integration problem subscription form.
- For integrations running in the cloud, select Integration Builder: Integration Problem.
- For integrations running on an xMatters Agent, select xMatters Agent: Integration Problem.
- On the Subscription Details page, give your subscription a name and description.
- Set the planName and integrationName criteria to specify the name of the workflow and integration to which you want to subscribe.
- Set the remaining options to customize the subscription, and then click Subscribe.
xMatters will now send you a notification whenever a request for the specified integration fails or is canceled. The notification will include the request ID and time of the error, along with instructions to help you identify and resolve the underlying issue. For integrations running on an xMatters Agent, the notification will also include the name of the agent the integration is running on and the IP address of the system the agent is installed on.
Your organization's capacity to submit integration requests is temporarily reduced when processing errors are encountered for cloud-based integrations running in the Integration Builder.