Configure voice responses
The recording specified or created for each response option will be played to phone message recipients before the number of the response choice. For example, if the response choice is 1 and the recorded phrase is "To acknowledge this message", a phone notification recipient would hear: "To acknowledge this message, press 1."
If you do not want to create a recording, the system will automatically use a Text-to-Speech plan to play the specified response text to the message recipient.
To use an existing recording, click the Settings drop-down list, select Find Recording and begin typing in the field to begin your search. To listen to a recording click to highlight it and then click the play icon.
Find Recording dialog box with the play icon shown
To create a new recording, click the Settings drop-down list, select Add Recording or Replace Recording. You can then record a voice message with your computer's microphone or by using a voice device. For more information, see Record a new voice interaction phrase.
You can also specify voice translations for other languages, including creating and searching for recordings (via the Edit Translations options available from the settings drop-down icon). You can click Compare to display the phrase in any languages available to the xMatters Company. To create a recording in another language, select the desired language, and then click the microphone icon and select Add Recording.
Edit Translations dialog box (for voice responses) with Compare panel shown
When a voice notification is sent, the response choice presented to the recipient is based on the following logical order:
- Recording in recipient's preferred language
- TTS text in recipient's preferred language if TTS is available and text is defined
- Site language recording if available
- TTS text in site language if TTS is available and text is defined
- English recording if defined
- TTS text translation in English if TTS is available and text is defined
- First available recording in any language
- TTS text translation in any available language
If you need to remove a recording associated with a response, click the settings icon and select Clear Recording or Replace Recording.
Clear or Replace Recording option
Note that if you want to replace an existing recording, the following logic applies:
- If the existing recording is a custom recording, you can simply record a new recording that will overwrite the existing recording associated with the response.
- If the existing recording is a 'managed recording', you must first use Clear Recording to remove it before creating another recording or replacing it with another managed recording. (A managed recording is any recording that is listed on the Manage Recordings page, available from the Developer tab. These are the recordings that are searched when you use the Find Recording feature.)