Add recipients to forms
As a form designer, you can control whether the form:
- Includes recipients by default
- Displays the Recipients section to the
- Displays the Recipients section in an expanded or a collapsed view
Although you can move the Recipients section anywhere on your form, you cannot remove it from the form.
Add predefined recipients
Predefining form recipients is optional. However, when there is some clarity about who needs to be notified about a given situation, you can predefine one or more recipients for your form.
For example, a form named Critical Database Outage might have predefined recipients such as a dynamic team named On Call Oracle DBAs, and a user named Kelly Clarke, who is the VP of Operations. You can even control whether the
On the form's Layout tab, you can add either single or multiple recipients.
To add a single recipient, type the name of the user, group, or dynamic team into the search bar. Select the recipient from the drop-down list and the name is added to the Recipients list.
To add multiple recipients or devices:
- Click Advanced to open the Recipients window.
- Under Available, select a recipient type from the drop-down menu, and begin typing the name of the recipient in the Search window (or type two spaces to see a list of all recipients you have permission to add).
- The default option is All, but you can change the recipient type to Users (which includes Devices), Groups, or Dynamic Teams.
- When you add a group as a recipient, all group members are notified when the message is sent.
- Add recipients by selecting the checkbox beside their name. The recipient is added to the Selected window. You can remove recipients from the list either by deselecting the check box by their name, or by clicking the x icon.
- When all recipients are listed in the Selected Recipients window, click Apply.
If you want to count responses, you can select the Count Responses check box, and specify a response count limit for each set of recipients. For more information about this option, see Specify response counts.
If you do not add any predefined recipients to your form, the Recipients section is automatically shown to the
In some cases, your organization may have very clear policies about who should receive certain notifications, and in such cases you may choose to hide the Recipients section to prevent changes to the predefined recipients list. In other situations, you may want to have predefined recipients but still allow the
On the form's Layout tab, click the Show/Hide Recipient Section icon (the eye icon).
When the icon is light gray, the section is hidden. When the icon is darker gray, it is displayed.
You can control whether the Recipients section appears by default in an expanded or collapsed state, based on whether your priority is maximum visibility or saving space on the form. For example, if it's likely that the
By default, if no recipients are predefined, the Recipients section appears on the form in expanded mode.
On the form's Layout tab, click the Expand/Collapse Section icon (this icon toggles between the two default views).