xMatters Agent release notes
This page contains the cumulative release notes for the xMatters Agent.
- For information about system requirements and installing or upgrading the xMatters Agent, see Download and Install the xMatters Agent.
- For information about working with the xMatters Agent, see xMatters Agent.
(Numbers in parentheses are xMatters internal reference numbers.)
xMatters Agent 1.6.4
- Updated the script execution process to prevent the xm-shell library from being incorrectly flagged as deprecated. (COR-28468)
xMatters Agent 1.6.3
- Updated the configuration files for the xMatters Agent log files to help keep the log footprint lighter, and provide additional customization options. (COR-28513)
- Upgraded included libraries to address or prevent potential vulnerabilities. (COR-28471)
xMatters Agent 1.6.2
- Upgraded included libraries to address or prevent potential vulnerabilities. (COR-28468)
xMatters Agent 1.6.1
- Upgraded included libraries to address or prevent potential vulnerabilities. (COR-27120)
xMatters Agent 1.6
- Improved the ability of the xMatters Agent to recover from brief network or connectivity interruptions, and to handle situations where there are too many requests to send at once. The agent still queues all requests and processes them in order, but will now store requests that can’t be sent immediately and forward them when the connection is restored or resources become available. We’ve also updated the system requirements for the agent to account for any increased demand on local resources that this feature might require. (COR-11009)
xMatters Agent 1.5.7
- Upgraded included libraries to address or prevent potential vulnerabilities. (COR-27119)
xMatters Agent 1.5.6
- Increased maximum payload size to 10MB, and added message size logging to local agent logs. This should reduce or eliminate some common communication and flow execution failures due to previous size limitations. (COR-17687)
- Improved error messaging and agent response when submitting a request without any body content. (COR-26648)
- Updated the shutdown behavior for Windows-based agents to provide better handling of outstanding requests, similar to the process already in place for Linux-based agents. (COR-25649)
xMatters Agent 1.5.5
- Updated the xMatters endpoint authentication mechanism to prevent requests from being dropped due to invalid or expired credentials, even when delayed by agent availability or heavy load. (COR-17293)
- Upgraded included libraries to address or prevent potential vulnerabilities. (COR-22979)
- Improved agent performance when connecting through a proxy server. (COR-24408)
xMatters Agent 1.5.4
- Upgraded included libraries to address or prevent potential vulnerabilities. (COR-22978)
xMatters Agent 1.5.3
- Improved the interactions between the xMatters Agent and Flow Designer to help point flow designers to the right place when part of a flow is not configured properly - such as when the flow does not indicate which agent a step should run on. (COR-23205)
xMatters Agent 1.5.2
- Updated event processing behavior to reduce the chances of an agent accidentally creating duplicate events. (COR-22426)
xMatters Agent 1.5.1
- Updated the proxy routing to address some reported issues. (COR-21577)
- Improved the recovery procedures when a connection is interrupted unexpectedly during script processing. (COR-20565)
xMatters Agent 1.5
- Added support for OpenJDK 11.
xMatters Agent 1.4.2
- Added support for Windows Server 2016.
- Added support for features coming in the Galaga release. (COR-13457)
- Made improvements to how credentials are handled, including trimming whitespace. (ACTO-2629, COR-16230)
xMatters Agent 1.4.1
- Added support for features available in the Frogger release (running Flow Designer steps on an agent).
xMatters Agent 1.4.0
- Added the ability to define an installation directory when installing on Windows (ACTO-2433)
- Updated the permissions on installed agents to allow Company Supervisors to edit the list of registered users and status alert recipients, or to delete the configuration. (COR-7457)
xMatters Agent 1.3.1
- Added the port number to the Agent details and changed the label of the URL field to Address. (COR-10526)
- Added a field to the Agent details to include when a disconnected agent was last seen. (COR-9976)
- Updated the OS Name field to show the particular flavor of OS the agent is running on. (COR-9975)
- Updated inbound integration support to work in systems that use a proxy server and only filter on the hostname.
xMatters Agent 1.3.0
- Added the ability to process inbound integrations. (COR-5105)
- Updated to work in systems that use a proxy server and only filter on the hostname.
xMatters Agent 1.2.1
- Added the ability to subscribe to notifications when an integration running on an xMatters Agent fails. (COR-6845)
xMatters Agent 1.2.0
- Added the ability for xMatters Agents to connect to xMatters On-Demand via a proxy server. (COR-4042)
xMatters Agent 1.1.0
- Added information to the xMatters Agents page to indicate when a new version of the Agent is available, and when updating your installed version of the Agent is required or recommended. (COR-6051)
- Added the ability to add or remove registered users for each xMatters Agent. (COR-6101)
xMatters Agent 1.0.1
- Added the ability to run scripts locally on the host machine.
xMatters Agent 1.0.0
- Welcome to the first release of the xMatters Agent.