Find subscriptions and subscribers
All of your subscriptions can be found, managed, edited, and shared on the subscriptions page.
Existing subscriptions can be categorized in the following ways (a subscription may belong to more than one category):
- A subscribed subscription is any subscription that is set to send you notifications, no matter who created or controls it. You may have created the subscription yourself, or you may have been assigned a subscription by your supervisor. This also includes any subscription that targets one of your devices or a group to which you belong.
- Any subscription that you created and control, even if you are not one of the configured recipients, is considered to be owned by you. You might have shared the subscription with other users, or it may be inactive and not configured to send you any notifications, but you still own it. This category is used mostly by supervisors who want to control and maintain the subscriptions themselves, and assign other users (or their reports) to receive specific notifications.
- By default, only the owner of a subscription can edit its details or add additional subscribers. By sharing a subscription, an owner can allow other users to subscribe themselves or other users, or in some cases to view and even edit subscription details. For more information about sharing a subscription, see Manage subscriptions.
- A managed subscription is any subscription to which you are not subscribed and do not own, but which you can control. Generally, this category only applies to supervisors and administrators.
To use the Subscriptions page
- Click your user name, and then click Subscriptions.
- To change the subscriptions displayed in the table, click the drop-down list above the table, and select one of the following options:
- Subscribed: Displays only those subscriptions that are currently set to send you notifications, including subscriptions that will notify you by sending alerts to your devices, groups, and dynamic teams.
- Owned: Displays all of the subscriptions that you own, including those you have shared with other users.
- Shared: Displays any subscriptions that other users have shared with you.
- Managed: Displays any subscriptions to which you are not subscribed and do not own, but which you can control. (This option does not appear if there are no subscriptions that match this category, or if you do not have permission to control other subscriptions.)
- To create a new subscription, click the Create New Subscription button (the plus symbol at the top right of the Subscriptions table), and enter the subscription details.
- To view or edit the details for a subscription, click the name of the subscription you want to see.
- If the name of a subscription is not a link, you do not have permission to view its details.
- To find a specific subscription, click the Search button (the magnifying glass), and start typing the search criteria in the search bar (a minimum of two characters are required).
- A drop-down list appears that displays the available fields you can search. Click one of the options in the drop-down list to create a capsule for that option in the Search bar. xMatters automatically updates the list to display only matching items, and highlights the portion of each item that matches your search. For examples of how to use this feature, see the section below.
- In the list of subscriptions, do any of the following:
- To activate a subscription so that it will send you alerts, click the Not Subscribed button in the Subscribe column. (The button's text will change to "Subscribed", and the icon will change color.)
- To unsubscribe from a subscription, click the Subscribed button. (Its text will change to "Not Subscribed", and the icon will be grayed out.)
- To share a subscription with other users, click the link in the shared column for the subscription you want to share, and then follow the instructions in Share a subscription.
- To delete a subscription, select the check box for the subscriptions you want to remove, and then click Delete Subscriptions. You can only delete subscriptions that you own, or have permission to modify.
- To change the owner of a subscription, select the check box for the subscriptions you want to change, and then click Change Owner. In the Change Subscription Owner dialog box, specify a new owner, and then click OK. If you transfer a subscription to another owner, you will not be able to modify that subscription again (unless the new owner shares it with you).
Some names and descriptions may be truncated in the subscriptions list; you can see the full text in the subscription details.