Running ZipSync mode
After you have prepared and formatted your data in the CSV files, configured the manifest.xml file, and packaged these files in a ZIP archive (i.e., a .zip file), you are ready to synchronize your data. The following instructions apply to ZipSync mode only.
It is recommended that you work with the included sample files before attempting to synchronize production data. For details, see Working with the ZipSync mode sample files.
To prepare run the utility in ZipSync mode:
- Install Java 7 (JDK or JRE).
- Add the PATH environment variable appropriate for your operating system:
- Linux: $JAVA_HOME/bin
- Windows: %JAVA_HOME%\bin
- Unzip the epic-client-5.5.275.zip file.
- On Linux, change the permissions of the epic-client-5.5.275/bin/epic shell script (e.g., chmod +x epic-client-5.5.275/bin/epic). This is not necessary on Windows.
- Modify or replace the transport information; for more information, see Configuring the transport.properties file.
To serialize the data into the configured remote xMatters:
Open a shell or command prompt, navigate to the epic-client-5.5.275/bin folder and invoke the following command:
epic file <ZIP_filepath>
epic file mirror-allusers.zip