The xMatters Integration Agent facilitates closed-loop integrations with applications installed behind a corporate firewall. It provides two core functions for applications behind a corporate firewall:
- An interface for applications to take action in xMatters.
- An interface to update applications when actions take place in xMatters.
Note: The Integration Agent is still supported, but its codebase is no longer being maintained or updated, there will be no further releases or enhancements, and any future vulnerabilities or issues won't be addressed. Unless you require specific functionality that is not yet available in the xMatters Agent, new installations of the Integration Agent are strongly discouraged.
The Integration Agent and its successor, the xMatters Agent, allow you to enrich alerts, making them powerful tools in the integrator's tool box. You can use the agents to target forms and create alerts via the xMatters REST API. This offers the following benefits:
- If your management system is not capable of accessing the REST API directly, you can use the Integration Agent to integrate with specific forms.
- You can create an integration to take advantage of the extra features available in xMatters, including forms and scenarios, the xMatters mobile apps, and push notifications.
- Configuring callbacks with the Integration Agent allows you to receive callbacks from behind a firewall.
- You can use forms instead of scripting to create notification messages.
- Creating alerts with the Integration Agent allows you to use Integration Agent features and capabilities such as retries and queuing.
For downloads, see Integration Agent for xMatters.