The Log tab for an alert provides detailed audit information in a format that minimizes the report's impact on system resources. You can use the report to optimize your deployment for alert processing and reporting.
- Click the Time column title to reorder the report results.
- Start typing in the Recipients field to search the log for specific users, groups, dynamic teams, and devices.
- You can narrow your search by clicking the drop-down list and selecting a specific type of recipient.
- You can use the up and down arrows beside the search field to select the next or previous instance of the recipient in the Event Log.
- To view the parent of a selected recipient, click the icon beside the recipient's name in the Audit Message column. (For more information about this feature, see Viewing recipient parents.)
- To start a new search or remove the existing search highlights, clear the contents of the field.
- To see more details, scroll down the page; the report will automatically load more content as you scroll down.
- If an entry is too long for the screen, it is truncated and marked with an ellipsis (...). Hover over it to view the entire entry.
- If you want to copy information from a longer entry to a text file (to retrieve a specific unique identifier or error message, for example), triple-click it to select the entire entry.
When you search for a recipient in the log, the recipient is automatically selected in the report. If the recipient was resolved from another recipient, you can click the icon beside the recipient's name in the Audit Message row to view the recipient's parent.
xMatters automatically changes the search terms in the Recipients field and performs a search of the log for the parent recipient.
Examples of recipient and parents:
- Clicking the icon in a row that contains a user's device will automatically search for that user.
- Clicking the icon in a row that contains a group member will search for that group.
To export the report content to a spreadsheet (Microsoft Excel .xls format), click the Export button at the top of the report.