The Integration Builder includes an Activity Stream for each integration that allows you to monitor requests in the system and view the details and history of completed requests.
When you create a new integration, xMatters temporarily logs all requests for the integration until it reaches an allowed maximum, when it then automatically disables logging except for failed requests to allow for troubleshooting. For more information about re-enabling temporary logging for all requests, see Enable logging.
To access the Activity Stream for an integration:
- On the Integration Builder page, expand the list of inbound or outbound integrations to locate the integration you want to monitor.
- Click the Settings drop-down list (the gear icon), and then select Activity Stream.
- You can also access the Activity Stream from the script editor when you're configuring an integration by clicking Open Activity Stream. Once in the Activity Stream, click Open Script Editor to return to the transformation script.
The left side of the Activity Stream displays a list of recent requests, with the latest requests at the top. Each request is marked with a date and time, and indicates whether the request was completed, or if it failed during processing. Selecting a request in the list displays its details in the center of the Activity Stream.
The top portion of the log contains information about the request, including:
- The UUID of the request.
- The status of the request; i.e., whether it "COMPLETED" successfully, or "FAILED" during processing.
- The type of request, and where it originated.
- The date and time at which the request was submitted.
- The authenticating user, for inbound integrations using URL authentication.
The middle portion of the log contains specific information about the nature of the request and its contents, including:
- The request headers, including the content type, authorization, and other identifying information.
- The OAuth2 handshake request and response headers (only if the authentication failed).
- The parameters used in the request.
- The body of the request.
The bottom portion of the log shows the initiation of the request, the processing performed, and the various communications between xMatters and the request source.