Add EPIC users to your company
Before you can run the EPIC data synchronization process, you must configure xMatters with two users: one user is for the EPIC client to authenticate with xMatters, and the other user configures xMatters to work with EPIC.
In order for the EPIC client to authenticate with xMatters, create a web service user that can be used to access xMatters. You can give this user any name except epic, which is reserved for the system. Configure the transport.properties configuration file with the login credentials of this user.
For more information about creating web service users, see Manage web service users.
To configure xMatters to use EPIC, you must create a user that has the user ID
epic. The presence of the epic user configures xMatters to enable EPIC and it is not used for any other purpose.
To create the epic user:
- Log in to the xMatters web user interface using an account that has permission to create new users.
- From the Users menu, click Users, and then click Add Users.
- Enter any value for the First Name, Last Name, Site, and Roles fields.
- In the User ID field, type
- Assign a password to the user.
- Click Add User.