The built-in Everbridge Signal Alerts trigger initiates a flow when it receives a request from a webhook in Everbridge Signal.
- Go to the Triggers tab in the palette, expand the App Triggers section, and drag the trigger onto the canvas.
- Double-click the trigger (or click the pencil icon).
- Set the authenticating user and then copy the URL — you'll use this to configure Everbridge Signal. Alternatively, you can create an integration user to use as the authenticating user.
- Click the Flood Control tab to edit the trigger's default flood control settings. For more information about these settings, see Trigger Flood Control.
- Click Done.
- On the flow canvas, connect the steps you want to run when xMatters receives a request to that URL.
You're now ready to configure Signal to target the trigger.
To have Signal send alerts to the flow trigger you must provide the trigger URL to your Everbridge Signal rep, who will configure Signal for you. Ensure you include any default recipients at the end of the URL. For example, if you want to notify Emma Pearson, Mary McBride, and the on-call members in the Monitor Team responsible for the service, you'd add &recipients=epearson,mmcbride,monitor%20team to the URL. Any special characters or spaces in the target names must be URL-encoded.
Once configured, any search you create will have an Enable xMatters button available. Here's how to create a search in Signal:
- Select Search from the left-hand menu, then click Create Advanced Search.
- Fill in the following fields on the Advanced Search window:
- Search title: A unique title for your search that is sent to xMatters when an alert is triggered.
- Add to group (optional): Type the name of a group. If it's listed in your Signal groups, select it.
- Create Alert: Set the alert level. Available options are: None, Low, Medium, and High.
- When you select an Alert level, the Alert Settings window opens. Set the parameters and click Save.
- Mute Alert: Leave the default No selected.
- Status: Leave the default Active selected.
- Click Enable xMatters.
- Click Save.
You're ready to use the Signal alert to trigger automated flows, including steps such as sending xMatters alerts and initiating incidents, though we always recommend testing before putting things into use.
Now that Search is set, a signal is sent to xMatters when the alert conditions are met.
The trigger has the following outputs you can use as inputs to steps further along the flow.
|List of targeted recipients. Recipients are set by adding a recipients query parameter to the trigger URL when you configure the webhook in Everbridge Signal.|
|Signal ID||Key or identifier used to terminate or correlate signals.|
|Alert Interval||Alert frequency for results matching the search criteria. Available options are: Any, 5 Minutes, 15 Minutes, 30 Minutes, Hour, Day, Week.|
|Alert Title||Title of the alert as provided by Everbridge Signal.|
|Content||Content of the search result that triggered the Everbridge Signal Alert.|
|Emotion||Emotion set in the Everbridge Signal search.|
|Event Description||Description of the alert as provided by Everbridge Signal.|
Date and time of the search criteria match in Everbridge Signal.
Unique ID of the search as provided by Everbridge Signal.
Severity of the alert in Everbridge Signal.
|Source||Source of the result that triggered the alert in Everbridge Signal.|
Unique ID of the search results as provided by Everbridge Signal.
|URL||Direct link to the content that triggered the alert in Everbridge Signal, if available.|
|Raw Request||JSON representation of the request. You can parse the raw request if you need additional details beyond the standard outputs.|