Duplicate an alert
Duplicating an alert allows you to quickly copy an existing alert, modify some of its properties, and resend it. This allows you to make minor adjustments to an alert and resend it without manually adding recipients, setting property values, and specifying devices. Use this feature to send an update to an existing alert or to troubleshoot delivery problems.
When duplicating an alert, xMatters creates a new, separate alert, and re-notifies recipients. Make sure you don't accidentally duplicate a real emergency!
Duplicating an alert based on a form can be performed from anywhere on the Alert Details report.
To duplicate an alert based on a form:
- On the Alerts report, click the alert that you want to duplicate.
- In the alert header area, click Duplicate.
- The form is displayed and its properties are set to the values of the current alert.
- Adjust the values of the properties to reflect any changes that you want to make to the alert.
- If the form contains a conference bridge, you can create a new conference bridge or connect to one that is in progress.
- Click Send Message.