The Conferences report allows you to simultaneously monitor all of the active xMatters-hosted conference bridges in your system. For each conference, the report provides the name of the user that initiated the conference bridge event, the date and time the conference began, the current number of participants, and the duration of the call.
From this report you can drill through to view more detailed information about participants on the call, view related events that share the same conference bridge, view the Tracking report or Event timeline to see how the event is progressing, or end a call that no longer has any participants.
On the Reports menu, under Activity, click Conferences.
The following table describes the fields of the Conferences report table. You can sort the report by name, host, or start time. Click the column header for one of these fields to sort the report contents in alphabetical or chronological order based on that column's contents. (Click the header again to reverse the sorting order.)
Conference bridges are identified by the name and description of the workflow form used to initiate the event. Conference bridges shared by more than one event are listed only once in the report; the name of the conference is updated based on the most recent event to share the conference bridge.
For more information about editing the name and description of a conference bridge, see View and edit conference bridge details.
The name of the user that initiated the conference bridge event.
The number of participants currently on the call across all events sharing the conference bridge.
The date and time at which the conference bridge began.
The values for a conference's host and the date it started are based on the original event that initiated the conference bridge.
For conferences with long names or descriptions, move the pointer over the ellipses (the '...' symbol) at the end of the line to display a pop-up with the full description.
You can filter the Conferences report to display only active conference bridges, or all conference bridges. To filter the report, do one of the following:
- Click the Active button to display only active conference bridges.
- Click the All button to view both inactive and active conference bridges.
Active and inactive conference bridges can be identified by the following icons:
|The handset icon represents active conference bridges.|
|The minus icon represents inactive conference bridges.|
You can use the search function of the Conferences report to refine the contents of the report and display only the events that match your criteria. You can search for conferences by keywords contained in the conference name and description fields, by the first or last name of the user that initiated the conference, or by the bridge number.
Searches by conference bridge number are based on an exact match; to search by bridge number, enter the entire bridge number.
To search the conferences report:
- To open the search bar, click the Search button and start typing in the search bar (a minimum of two characters is required).
- In the list of possible search categories, select the value for your search. You can also click Show All to create a search capsule for a category and edit the value later xMatters automatically updates the Conferences page to display only those items that match the search term and highlights the portion of each item that matches the specified criteria.
To further refine your search, do any of the following:
- Click in the search bar and start typing to select another option from the drop-down list and create another capsule.
- Click the right half of a capsule to edit the search criteria. Note that you can only have one capsule for each of the available items in the drop-down list, but you can have multiple capsules that search for the same terms in different item properties.
- To broaden search criteria, click the x to delete the search capsule.
The Conferences report automatically refreshes every ten seconds.
To manually refresh the report, click the Refresh button at the top right corner of the report.
Click the name of a user in the Host column to view their profile card.
- In the Conferences report, click the name of the conference to access the Conference tab for the event.
- On the Conference tab, click View Related Events.
For more information about the Related Events table, see View Related Events.