View and respond to notifications in a browser
You can read and respond to notifications within the xMatters interface. The Inbox displays a list of alerts on the left side of the page and displays the contents of the selected message in a panel on the right side of the page.
To open your inbox, click the Alerts icon at the top of the page, beside your name:
You can also click the Inbox widget on your dashboard.
You can filter the alerts that are displayed in the Inbox:
- Click All Alerts to display all messages, including active and inactive alerts.
- Click Active Alerts to display only the alerts that are currently active and hide the inactive ones. "Active" means alerts that are still active in the system, and which you are still involved in. Your association with an alert is usually determined by your response choice; if you acknowledge or accept an alert, then it will usually remain active for you, while ignoring or declining an alert will remove your association with it.
- Select a time frame from the drop-down list to display messages from a certain time frame. For example, select Past 1 Hour to view messages that were sent in the last hour, or select All Dates to show all messages.
The alerts list displays a summary of each alert, and indicates whether you have responded. Click an alert to display its contents in the alert pane.
|You have not responded to this alert.|
|You have responded to this alert by choosing one of the response options.|
|You have dismissed this alert, without explicitly choosing a response option.|
The alert pane displays the subject, sender name, and the time the alert was sent. The alert pane also displays the following information:
- Attachments: When the notification includes one or more attachments, a button at the top-right corner displays the number of attachments. Click this button to view the attachments.
- Response options: You can respond to the alert by clicking one of the response options that are displayed below the message body.
Notifications related to alerts with low priority or high priority display a priority icon. Alerts with medium priority do not display a priority icon.
|The alert was sent with high priority.|
|The alert was sent with low priority.|
Each alert displays an icon that represents the status of the alert that generated the notification.
|The alert is active.|
|The alert has been suspended.|
|The alert has been terminated.|
The alert pane also displays information about the alert that generated the message:
- The name of the form that generated the message.
- The name of the workflow or incident ID that generated the message.
- The alert ID. If you have permission to view reports, click the alert ID to view the Tracking report.
The Device History window displays information about how xMatters has attempted to contact each of your devices to notify you about this alert. You can see how many times xMatters attempted to contact each device, whether the attempt was successful, and when the attempt occurred.
- To view the device history for an alert, click the mobile phone icon at the top of the alert window.
- In the Device History window, click the device name to go to the configuration page for the device.